Friday 9 September 2011

What have I done??

Hi, Debbie here. 

I was always firmly of the opinion that ‘blogging’ is for people with far too much time on their hands. And as for ‘tweeting’ .. well, don’t even get me started on that one! And yet, here I am, starting our own Ellie’s Dairy blog. Have I gone completely mad? Are there suddenly more than 24 hours in a day? Have I not got enough to do already?!

Well, as an IT teccie in a previous life (in the days when I had a ‘proper’ job!), I can appreciate the application of useful technology and, as we are constantly asked questions about the goats by our customers, I thought that it was about time we embraced the modern age and started our own blog. 

We don't allow farm visits for many reasons but goats are real characters and this is a great way of allowing everyone ‘remote access’ to our goatshed - and the opportunity to learn a little about the animals and life at Ellie’s Dairy. I aim to keep you up to date with goatie happenings as well as providing a news service for current markets and special events

And, of course, we welcome all your questions and comments. A blog is a two-way thing, so get posting!

3 comments:

  1. Having met several of your goat family in the earlier days ... I look forward to catching up with all the newbies - hope you'll be posting lots of pictures soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! Sue told us all about your goats and this blog and I just wanted to pop in and welcome you to blogging!

    Had 2 wethers as pets once and I like goats so will probably stop by here from time to time just to see how yours are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan

    Great to hear from you and thanks for the welcome. Still a bit of a novice blogger so hope I can keep it interesting enough for everyone to follow!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete