Saturday 12 July 2014

The end of a long journey home ....

The day started wet and foggy but everything soon cleared and the temperature at London markets soared to a very humid 29 degrees.

I worked at a very quiet Balham market whilst our new recruit Anthony wowed the visitors at the Horniman Museum.  Lots of interest in our goatie goodness apparently.

It was all going so nicely - everything fitted in the van ... all loaded and on my way home.

Soon after hitting the 'home straight' on the A20 at Sidcup, my van suddenly lost power and it was all downhill from then on ...

So this was how my journey back from market ended ..



Poor van ...

I have to say that the Volkswagen Assist people were absolutely stunning ... they kept in constant contact with me to give me updates on the arrival of the AA man/breakdown truck.  They tried desperately to find me a replacement van for tomorrow, but it proved too difficult late on a Saturday evening.  And the AA men were both very efficient and helpful.

And I will get to see another one of them on Monday when they come back to the farm to pick up the van and take it back to the VW dealer to be fixed.  C'est la vie ...

No comments:

Post a Comment